Sunday, September 27, 2009

Austin

Littlefield Fountain and Main Building of The ...We saw this cool fountain, but it was off.

So, yesterday morning, Marissa, Liz, and I woke up really early and drove to Austin at 6:30 am. It was a freaking blast! The weather was really nice and we enjoyed it with the windows down like 45 minutes on the way there and like 20 on the way back. It was really foggy in the morning though.

So, we get to Austin and decide to eat at Kerbey Lane Cafe (which was great, I discovered Chocolate Coffee and had really delicious franch toast.) and Kyle Clarkson joined us after some confusion as to where exactly the Kerbey Lane Cafe was that we were at. Kyle ended up leading us around town for the day and we had a great time. We visited Lindsay Landry and had a (fairly awkward) visit with Megan Hanlon (awkward because Lindsay and I were the only ones who knew her, haha). The we walked down The Drag (which is apparently a shopping street in Austin, haha.) so that Marissa and Liz could look through the vintage-y clothing stores, which was pretty interesting. We went into the Co-op (big mistake) and drowned in the sea of burnt orange, only to go outside and be chased down the road by a mob of UT people rallying for the game yesterday.

Anyway, we had a LOT of fun and I hope we get to visit some other places on random weekends soon! haha.

BTW, I'm 19 on Thursday! There will be a party at my house Friday. Taylor, Molly, and Erin will be in town then! :D

peace.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Molly R said...

Belton...

That's all I'm going to say. :)

OH, to add to that... October 17th, Lecrae concert in Belton! You should convince the Shindig guys to take a roadtrip up to come see Lecrae (and me, of course! I'm eager to introduce you guys to my friends!). Just a thought :).

P.s. when is the party going to be Facebook official? Because, currently, as far as I'm concerned it isn't happening. Gotta put it on the FB! ;)

Danielle said...

DALLAS.

Done Deal.

Marie said...

1. Shawnee is clearly the best choice. DD
2. I love Austin
3. I'm so jealous you got to hang out with Kyle
4. I wish I was coming home
5. I am pretty sure you stole "peace" from me since I seemingly say that rather often now. You are welcome.