Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Simplicity.

"Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common." Acts 4:32

In a feeble attempt to make something of this verse, what can I give you? Yes, you! You, reading this blog right now! Is there anything that you need? Anything that you want? I would love to share it with you. I'm trying to figure this verse out. So please, ask away! If what I have is truly not my own, I should be able to give it to you.

3 comments:

Molly R said...

Prayer is all I need right now! Prayer that I would hear from God.

Anonymous said...

I think what it means is that they were so humbled and filled that that was all that mattered. They all believed so deeply in this faith, this redemption Christ had given them. They knew that nothing was their own for in their sin they deserved nothing of what they had. Their "everything" was what they had in common. Christ was their everything.

Zach said...

That is a beautiful thing.

I'm trying to find out where that is in the modern day church.