Thursday, September 3, 2009

Names. NAMES! Names?

Let me just tell you something.

I have SO MANY stinkin' names to remember! It's crazy! I've gone through life up to this point where I had a database in my head of names that was at largest 400-500 names long. School, church, neighbors, relatives, family friends. It probably wasn't even that many. And it hardly fluctuated.

But NOW! Oh, let me tell you. I have SO MANY names to learn at once! I need to know the names of the people who attend college with me, the people I just started working with, all the Junior highers at the ABS I'm helping lead (did I mention that already? :). There are just SO MANY NEW NAMES! oh dear.


2 comments:

Molly R said...

Haha! I totally understand. :) But I'm actually surprisingly good at names, I've found. But it is overwhelming. You can do it!

taylor.kristine said...

Haha I feel ya. Just imagine if you were in a new state and had to learn the name of EVERYBODY because you don't know anybody there.

For my intro to Music Ed class, we have a test over everybody's name (first and last), their hometown, and what instrument they play. It's a class with 45 people in it. It's ridiculous.