Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tolerance

Here's a short post for you. Some interesting things that have coincided.

I'm reading this Ted Dekker book (Sinner) about the future where tolerance has made religion basically a secret.

On Monday in my College 101 class we talked about the goodness of tolerance. yay!

I was so conflicted!
How do I tell these people "Christ is the only way!" in a way that is loving? (And not "shoving down their throats"-ish.) That is a very popular stereotype of Christians.

I'm sure Driscoll or someone like that will tell me it doesn't matter when their souls are on the line, but I'm certain I can do this in a non-rude (and I say 'rude' loosely) way.

Oh the dabates that topics like these cause.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Just tell them tolerance is stupid! Then start rapping Lecrae: "If He's truly raised to life, then this news should change your life / and by His grace you can put your faith in the Place that Rules your days and nights!".

...Or something like that :).

Haha, I know what you mean though. It is difficult. The word "tolerance" makes me want to throw up, I've heard it SO much.