Saturday, June 6, 2009

Nostalgia

These past 13 years of school have been good to me.

That is why I would take a little bit to reflect on some important people and events that have affected me since I've entered grade school and exited it again a much different and better person.
(These are in no order)

First of all, I have started my relationship with God since starting school, and I have learned so much that has become invaluable in that relationship. And although I have so, so, so much more to learn about love and life and death and God, and although I have sins to overcome, nothing has brought me more joy than being able to worship the God of the universe and love and be loved by him. May I focus the rest of my life on him. May I be able to worship Him with my whole heart and mind and soul.

I don't think I can put into words how much my parents have selflessly done for me and my brothers during my school experience. They have not only helped me with homework, but they have taught me so many life lessons that I don't know how I could even function without them. 

All of you reading this have done so much for me too. I still have a thing of fake grapes in my room from that dollar store present for my birthday freshman year :) And I have so many concert tickets for Relient K, Nickel Creek, Switchfoot, David Crowder Band, etc. You have all been so exciting and fun. I'm so glad we got to have each other through the laughter at parties and kick the can ventures and making music together, and through the tears when things had to change and when things weren't working out; but they always worked out in the end. Thanks for all the leadership and random talks at Starbucks and at lunch on Sunday. I will never forget these times.


All that being said, I have no intention on lamenting the loss of my high school days. I look forward to finding new ways to love and worship God, to grow a family of my own and have giant Horst family gatherings, to create new memories with my friends and make new ones! As cliche as the subject of this whole blog is, I hope that I can equally appreciate my past and enjoy the present and not worry about what the future holds. Please try to pray for me as we all continue with our lives and I will try to pray for you. 

ON TO THE REST OF MY LIFE!



that is all.

No comments: