Friday, June 26, 2009

I <3 love.

I was just thinking about it, and I'll admit it: I really am a sucker for a good love song/story.

Despite the fact that I argue that Moulin Rouge is about a prostitute (which it is), Elephant Love Medley is a great song. I really liked the book The Notebook, though I have no plans to see the movie. I like it when my books have a love story somewhere in them that ties into the main plot. (And I'm talking legit love story, not like in Harry Potter where everyone decides to randomly make out.) Ted Dekker always has good love story sub plots. Jon Foreman has great love songs.

But I still don't like Taylor Swift's 'Love Story.'

Nope!

That is all.

4 comments:

Erin Lynn said...

bahahahah, agreed.
about all of it.


except you SHOULD take the time to see the notebook movie. It's actually excellent. Different from the book, but I don't know anyone that has seen that movie and didn't like it.

Erin Lynn said...

and that includes adults and youth.

Molly said...

I don't think that boys should see that movie, to be honest.

Hey, don't dog on Love Story! At least he goes to the father first :)

taylor.kristine said...

i just read At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks, and it's beautiful. It has a bittersweet ending, as well. I want to read more of his books.