Monday, February 23, 2009

General Update

Most prominent news to date: Saturday I became the proud owner of a brand new 16GB iPhone. This comes with much joy and some random negativities. The joy -- This phone is of course something I've been wanting for a very long time, and there's something really exciting to me about knowing that I can connect to the internet anywhere - at school, a restaurant, in the car. Also, it significantly reduces pocket space. I've now combined my iPod and phone into one thing that is smaller than my previous phone. I got to give my old iPod Touch to Erin. (I really like giving people stuff, it's just one of those things.) The the random negativities -- I want to express my excitement to others without it coming off as bragging, which is pretty much impossible. So, I always feel bad after talking about it, but I guess I just shouldn't talk about it...I don't know. Also, having the constant internet connection makes it feel like I am dependent and should go join an IA group (Internetters Anonymous).

Anyway, I had two other vivid dreams since my last post that both involved really bright colored flowers that I've never seen before that I immediately had the urge to pick. These dreams have prompted me to put a pen and paper at the head of my bed, but alas, no dreams since the pen and paper have gone into place.

Last weekend I attended Cheer Banquet with Erin and VASE (I have no idea what it stands for, but it's an art competition) I entered a photo and a mixed media piece of mine. They both got 4s (which is good) but neither of them went to state. I think my drawing and painting teacher entered me into division 3 instead of division 4 (which I should've been in) illegally...she told me I'd definitely go to state if she did... hmm... shady business. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to putting together my AP art portfolio.

Finally, I'm going to start trying to put together an actual website at zachhorst.com, that should prove to be interesting, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have, what with all the nonsense I have to be doing for my research paper over the next few weeks. I swear Mrs Clarke is trying to kill us.

PS: I've been feeling really pessimistic lately, I don't know what's up.

1 comment:

Erin Lynn said...

visual arts scholastic event