Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It won't be long until the Weather Clears and the Sun Shines Bright! We'll see it all then...

Eric and I have started a photography blog! Check it out at www.intentionalaccidents.blogspot.com

In other news, I've been really busy.

Kids camp was last week, Thursday through Sunday, and it was wonderful. I was sad that Taylor, Riley, Nathan, and Ryan didn't get to go this time, but it was still really cool because Molly and I got to switch off playing piano and both sung harmonies with Robby. Also, we did Days Of Elijah, which is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Of course Nick said his favorite song was the one time we did Superhero, but what can I say, that song is a Grade A classic. Also, Danielle was there! Which was exciting because I don't hang out with DG that often. The 5th Grade party was epic! 80s Prom themed, Molly looked even more like Elaine from Seinfeld than she usually does ;)

One of the days Molly, DG, AJ and I climbed the huge hill that the cabins are at the base of which is something I've always wanted to do. It was really tight because we basically started at the base of one side, climbed diagonally up to the top, the went diagonally down the other side. We passed behind all the cabins and ended up at the archery range, while we started at the ropes trail.

College is going well! I've decided my favorite classes are Tuesday and Wednesday from 1 to 5. They're with the same teacher (professor?) who I really like. They are Rapid Visualization and Observational Drawing. I'm liking OD the most I think because it's more of a drawing from still lives and stuff kind of thing. It's very relaxing. Today after the teacher was done lecturing and we got to drawing these four smaller compositions from the still life she had set up I hooked up my headphones and sketched for about an hour while listening to Brooke Fraiser, who I've found is really amazing. I love the combination of the fluid piano and the earthy sound the snare in the drum kit makes in most of her songs. In the Rapid Viz. class we're doing this project where we draw a specific thing in a whole bunch of different styles. I'm drawing birds and I think it's turning out well. I think birds are so interesting to draw because their bodies are very streamlined. All the lines are kind of congruent. I don't know if that makes sense, but it does in my mind. haha.

I was talking to Melanie tonight about the new bands and it was very bittersweet. :/ I think that they are going to be SO GOOD this year! I'm just a little sad to not be a part of them. I hope that if they ever need a fill in keyboard player or vocalist they will give me a call. But yeah, I'm really excited to hear them this Sunday!

I have Color Theory tomorrow...which I skipped last week to go to Kids Camp...hmmm.

Tubing Friday :D

2 comments:

Erin Lynn said...

erm, I tried to follow the link you posted for the photo blog, but blogger says it doesn't exist...

Zach said...

Sorry, I typed it wrong. It should work now :)