Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Week

College has started! Here's a bit of how my week has gone.

Monday Night: (But I switched it to Monday morning because the night class had about a thousand people in it and the morning only had 8 people) Typography Traditional. Seems like it could be an interesting class. All about type and we are apparently going to eventually make out own fonts?

Tuesday Afternoon: Illustrator I. This class should be great. I will be learning the ins and outs of Adobe Illustrator, a program I have not yet had any teaching in and don't know much about.

Wednesday morning I had work from 5 to 9, then met Taylor Wilbur Concialdi at Chic-fil-a because I had barely seen her all break! We talked for a very long time about our lives and things to catch each other up and it was great. Thanks for the awesome conversation! I miss you Taylor!

Wednesday at 1 I had Design Fundamentals II, which will probably be interesting.

Wednesday night I went to JH ABS and I must say, I was impressed. Usually they are alll overrr the placeee, but they were actually really talkative (in a good way) and we had a great discussion about the Church. It was exciting, because they don't usually have as good of a discussion as they did Wednesday.

Today (Thursday) I had Digital Photography for Designers from 8 am to noon, and I'm really excited about it. The instructor is awesome and seemed ridiculously knowledgeable about photography. She explained what the ISO means (as in, what the number actually means instead of just what it does in a camera. It was extremely interesting. I may post a blog about it later just because it was very interesting. But yeah, very excited about having a photo class.

Thursday night from 6 to 10 pm I have Photoshop II (aka Digital Imaging II) which I am excited about because I just found out that I have the professor from the Thursday morning class for this one too! Very exciting because they professor for Digital Imaging I was not very organized, and this professor seems to be. Also, she has an MFA in Photography. FTW!

Later!

3 comments:

Marie said...

The art majors at obu took typography last semester and really liked it. They had fun projects, that's for sure. At the end of the semester they even designed their own alphabet. It wad cool! Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

please post about ISO :)

Zach said...

Okay, I will soon :)